Tuesday, August 24, 2010


Five Family Time Ideas: TwitterMoms Challenges Me Once Again!

I love working with TwitterMoms because they really make me step back and take a look at my family and the things that we do.  Today's challenge is all about listing five family time ideas.  Since I have a teenager, my list will be geared towards those with older children.

1 - Nothing beats good old fashioned games!  I keep different types of games on hand and find it is great when you hear the " I'm bored" mantra from your children.

2 - Baking together is also a great way to have fun!  Even better you get to eat when it is done!

3 - Arts and crafts is something that we really enjoy on my family.  I have been known to break out the markers and paper and challenge my daughter to create a drawing based on a specific subject or poem.

4 - My daughter loves looking at fashion catalogs.  I created several binders for her so that she can clip out the outfits she likes best and she loves it when I help her go through them. 

5 - I love introducing my daughter to classic movies that I have in my DVD collection.  She has enjoyed films like " Fiddler on the Roof" and  " West Side Story" with me and her comments often let me see these films with a whole new set of eyes!

What are some family friendly activities you guys like to do?  Please share!


Disclaimer: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and LEGO blogging program, making me eligible to get a prize pack. For more information on how you can participate, click here.


No comments: