To All My Jewish Readers: LShana Tovah or Happy New Year!
Tonight marks the start of the Jewish New Year, also known as Rosh Hashanah! In honor of this holiday ( which yours truly proudly celebrates) I am reposting my famous recipe for Pickled Turkey!
You can only find this delicacy in Kosher Stores, but if you are brave enough to seek it out, I really recommend it! It is sweet and succulent and very delicious!
Pickled Turkey Breast
I scoured the looking for recipes and came across just one. Found on http://www.recipezaar.com/, it is Recipe # 327237. I reprint it here for your amusement:
3 1/2-4 lbs corned turkey (pickled turkey roast)
1 cup ketchup
1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1) Leaving the strings on, place the pickled turkey roast in clean water and bring to a boil. Lower the flame to low and cook for one hour.
2) Pour off all the water and rinse the roast well.
3) Refill the pot with clean water and cook again, this time for several hours until the roast is very tender (the roast should be nearly falling apart when you poke at it with a fork).
4) Pour off all the water and rinse again.
5) Now combine remaining ingredients in a pot and slowly heat up. When sauce is smooth add turkey roast, coating well on all sides.
6) Serve hot and enjoy!
And I must be honest..it came out FANTASTIC!
Anyone wanna try some?