Tuesday, December 08, 2009

It's Time To Talk: A Series of Discussions with People Who are Making A Difference Regarding Domestic Violence and Teen Dating Abuse: Discussion 4 of 7 - Melanie Mannarino, Deputy Executive Director, REDBOOK





I must admit I was quite suprised when I was told that I would be talking to the Deputy Executive Editor of Redbook.  Redbook?  What did they have to do with teen dating and domestic violence?  Well, I'll tell you dear readers....plenty!

REDBOOK helped to launch MADE last December and Melanie has been instrumental in both REDBOOK and Marie Claire magazines domestic viokence awareness campaigns through feature stories, rallies, and national tours in partnership with Liz Claiborne.

One of the wonderful things I leanred from talking to her was that REDBOOK has a long history of being at the forefront of womens issues and continues to be a driving force for change.  Don't get me wrong...you can still find great features about fashion, the home, and sex. And as a magazine devoted to that which drives us as women, what better vehicle then to champion the cause of teenagers and parents.

Thank you REDBOOK for being such an American icon!

“I received a $50 Juicy Couture gift card in conjunction with participating in Liz Claiborne’s “It’s Time To Talk” day.”


No comments: