In the next few days I will be posting about some amazing conversations I had with eight extraordinary women:
- Dr Jill Murray, LMFT author of " But He Never Hit Me: The Devastating Cost of Non-Physical Abuse to Girls and Women"
- Kim Davidson and her equally amazing daughter Amanda Gorman, President/Founding members of Kari's Candle of Hope, dedicated to the awareness and prevention of teen relationship violence.
- Cindy Southworth, MSW Founder/Director of The Safety Net Project ( The National Network to End Domestic Violence)
- Melanie Mannarino, Deputy Executive Editor, REDBOOK
- Beatrice A. Lanzi, Senator, District 26, Cranston, Rhode Island Senate - Primary Senate sponsor of the Lindsay Ann Burke Act, Rhode Island's first -in-the -nation statue requiring schools to provide dating violence education for students in middle school and high school
- Stephanie Orr, Executive Director, CASA Center for Prevention of Abuse and Violence, located in Arizona.
- Judith Kahan, Chief Executive Officer, Center Against Domestic Violence
Watch this blog and learn about what is being done in your own community and across this nation to educate our children about stopping the violence BEFORE it happens!
In the meantime, check out and join the voices of MADE and find out what you can do to take action in your own communties. It costs nothing and it might save the life of someone that you love!
Thank you to Liz Claiborne and Mom-Central for the honor of being a participant!
“I received a $50 Juicy Couture gift card in conjunction with participating in Liz Claiborne’s “It’s Time To Talk” day.”