Monday, March 23, 2009




I was sooo excited about the circus I just could not wait!




We attended a special pre-event at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island on Wednesday; we meaning Daryl, Sarah ( my daughter) and I. I don't need to tell anyone who knows me well what a circus freak I am. My Grandma Rose used to take me every year to Madison Square Garden to see the Ringling Brothers Circus during the spring break from school. I remember how magical it all felt to me and how I used to wish that I was one of the children brought out of the audience to ride the floats, something that they used to do but don't seem to do anymore.




Well, on Wednesday, some of my circus dreams came true. Thanks to Lauren at MomCentral.com I had the chance to be a "field activator" or someone who is handpicked to spread the word about the wonder of the Ringling Brothers Circus and Feld Entertainment. We were invited to meet the circus animals close up and personal before the actual show, which was an amazing experience. Nothing comes close to the majesty of an elephant happily eating hay and playing with tires and tree trunks! I know PETA has made it their mission to spread the word about the circus mistreatment of its animals, but from what I could see, they were clean, happy, and well taken care of.


The theme of the circus this year is " Zing, Zang, Zoom" and centers on magic and gravity. It has everything you love about Ringling like the flashy costumes, the songs, the elephants, the high wire, and the tigers plus magic tricks and great clowning around!


If you live in the NY area and decide to go see the show at Madison Square Garden, use the code " MOM" in the MC promotion box at http://www.ticketmaster.com/. You will get four tickets for $44! It doesn't get any better than that! The show runs from Thursday, March 26 to Monday April 13. Make sure you use the code as that is the only way to get the special pricing.
As they say at the circus " May all your days be circus days!"










No comments: