Sunday, November 22, 2009






Twilight New Moon: Why I loved the movie but hated the ending!

Last night, Sarah and I went to the Lafayette Theater to see the new Twilight movie.  I enjoyed the first one although to be honest I have never read any of the books  (yet). 

The movie itself was quite enjoyable; good music, great special effects, a good overall storyline, and appropriate to see with my soon to be sixteen year old daughter.  What I did not like was the abrupt way that it ended ( I won't give it away for any of my readers who have yet to see it).

I have nothing against a movie that opens itself up for a sequel ( or in this case a double sequel) and I have been told that the way the movie ended is the same way that the book ended.  I needed closure on some level to at least one the the storylines in order to feel "satisfied" that the story had a beginning, a middle, and an end. 

That is what was missing - and ending.  To me it all felt abrupt and unfinished.

But then again, I am a not a swooning teenager on either Team Edward or Team Jacob.

Your thoughts?


No comments: