Thursday, November 26, 2009
Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil: My Review and Giveaway!
I recently received from Tropical Traditions a sample of their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil. I must say that at first I was at a loss as to what to do with this product. After discovering a wealth of recipes here that problem was quickly solved! Take a look at how easy this one for Roasted Winter Squash Soup really is:
Roasted Winter Squash Soup
4 cups roasted winter squash
1 large onion, diced
2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
32 oz chicken or vegetable broth
32 oz regular milk or unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons Coconut Cream Concentrate
pinch of nutmeg
Seed and cut the squash and bake in 1/2 inch of water in a pan at 350 for about 1 1/2 hours.
When the squash is done, sauté onion in coconut oil for a few minutes until caramelized. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer together in a pot. Season with salt and cayenne to taste. Blend mixture in blender until smooth and return to pot to warm before serving.
Doesn't that sound like a yummy addition to your holiday meals?
The Tropical Traditions website has a whole host of information related to the use of coconut. Check out this video about how “How We Discovered Virgin Coconut Oil - An Interview with Brian Shilhavy, CEO
They also have a referral program where you can receive a FREE book with your first order, "Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian and Marianita Shilhavy".
Here's what you have to do to get the free book: ( it is a little complicated so I advise that you contact customer service if it is too confusing)
If you place an order with them as a first-time customer, please select “Referred by a friend” and in the box that says “How did you hear of us?” enter my sponsor ID number… 5627928. By telling Tropical Traditions that I referred you, you will receive a complimentary copy of the book Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian and Marianita Shilhavy with your first order! This book is filled with testimonies and research showing how healthy coconut oil is, and it also includes over 85 recipes showing how one can incorporate coconut into their diet. Here are some easy to use directions for your referrals:
1. Add the items you would like to purchase from the order form linked to Tropical Traditions. Visit www.healthybuyersclub.com/orderform.cfm
2. You'll be directed to the Order Form at the Tropical Traditions/Healthy Buyers Club website. You do not have to be a member or purchase a membership to buy from Tropical Traditions. Membership in the Healthy Buyers Club allows you to purchase in bulk amount at club member discounts if you choose to join. If you choose not to purchase a membership to the Healthy Buyers Club please order under the heading “Retail Sale Items”. This will enable you to purchase less than case amounts of any of the individual items without a membership.
3. Select the items you would like to purchase.
4. When you are ready to check out please click on the "Continue'' link which will take you to your shopping cart.
5. Review your order and then click on the "Check Out" button from your shopping cart.
6. Fill in your account information as directed. In the box: "How did you hear of us?'' you must select: "Referred by a friend'' on the drop down arrow. When you make this selection, a box for your sponsor's User ID number should appear if you are a first time customer.
7. Enter your sponsor's User ID number 5627928.
8. To complete your order click on "Save and Proceed to Checkout" at the bottom of this page and follow the instructions through the checkout process. You will receive an order number when you have successfully placed your order.
By following these steps, you will receive a complimentary copy of the book Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian and Marianita Shilhavy. Your sponsor will receive a coupon for a complimentary gift to redeem on their next order.
If you have stuck with me until this part of the post, you have reached your reward! Tropical Traditions has agreed to sponsor a give-a-way of Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil Certified Organic 1 Quart (32 FL. oz.) which is exactly the product that I was provided with by Tropical Traditions!
Here's what you have to do:
(1) You MUST be a follower of my blog ( this will be verified)
(2) You MUST subscribe to the Tropical Traditions email Sales Newsletter via this link!
BOTH (1) and (2) MUST be done for your initial entry! Leave me ONE comment stating that both items were completed and make sure the email address that you subscribed to the newsletter with is provided within your comment.
If you want additional entries:
(3) Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway ( leave one comment with a link to your tweet)
(4) Blog about this giveaway and leave me a comment with a link to your post.
Give-a-way to run until 11:59 pm EST on December 9, 2009. Winner will be chosen via Random.org. Email will be sent to winner with a response needed within 72 hours of winning email with shipping information. If winner does not respond to email, an alternate winner will be chosen. Good only within the continental USA. Make sure you leave a contact email within your post or check to make sure that I can email you via your blogger profile.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was
under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
Posted by wendy wallach at 1:02 AM