To Sleep Perchance Not to Sneeze All Night Long: My Review of the Protect-A-Bed Mattress Protector ( and the best part is that it will include a give-a-way of the same product too!)
I have a great life. I really do. Granted, not everything is the way that I would want it, but overall I am a pretty happy person, although I struggle with chronic allergies and asthma. There is nothing that can quite kill a good mood like an allergy attack, especially one that occurs in the middle of the night. I am particularly allergic to dust mites so it is a given that when I climb into bed I stand a good chance of having an attack as soon as I drift off into a peaceful slumber. I have pillow encasements on all my pillows and had been using a mattress protector as well but it didn't seem to be doing me much good.
I was offered the opportunity to test for this review a Premium Mattress Protector from Protect-A-Bed! Although I was provided with one with no cost to me by Protect-A-Bed, I really took my time and gave this product a month to see if it could deliver and it sure has! I have seen a significant reduction in my night-time allergy attacks and I am a much happier person during the day. It was easy to use and very comfortable to sleep on.
Here's some info provided by the company which does a good job explaining what makes their product different then the other mattress protectors offered for sale:
Protect-A-Bed mattress and pillow products:
• Are made of a natural terry cotton surface that stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter, providing a soft, quiet and comfortable sleep zone.
• Are ultra thin with four-way stretch that does not detract from the comfort of the mattress.
• Feature the proprietary Miracle Membrane®, a new age air vapor porous fabric, which is waterproof and protects against all liquids and bodily fluids that may otherwise revoke a mattress’s warranty.
• Are especially helpful in cases of incontinence and bed wetting.
• Include Allerzip® mattress encasements, which feature the patented Bug Lock® three-sided zipper system with Secure Seal™, the world’s first scientifically proven bed bug entry, escape and bite proof innovation.
• Are hypoallergenic to permit a hygienic and anti-allergy sleep zone.
• Prevent dust mites, bacteria and other allergens from breeding in a mattress, which can cause respiratory illnesses like asthma, eczema and rhinitis.
• Can be machine-washed and tumble-dried up to 200 times without losing effectiveness.
• Are recognized as a Class 1 Medical Device by the Food and Drug Administration and have received the Good Housekeeping Seal.
• Are manufactured in all bed sizes, including a unique crib-sized protector which stretches to fit tightly like a fitted-sheet.
In addition to the mattress protector I was given for review, they also make full mattress encasements, mattress pads, crib protectors, pillow protectors, and other accessories, all with the same features as the item I just reviewed.
You can purchase Protect-A-Bed products through their website and they are also offered for sale in many retail stores throughout the country. Here is a dealer locator page to help you find one close to you!
Wishing you a sneeze-free sleep!
If there are other allergy free products out there that work as well as this one did, please let me know!
In the meantime, Protect-A-Bed has graciously offered to sponsor a give-a-way of the very same product that I reviewed in your choice of mattress size for one of my dear readers to win! Here's what you have to do:
(1) You MUST be a follower of my blog ( this will be confirmed and besides how else will you know about all the fantastic give-a-ways I have planned for the next few weeks)
(2) You MUST visit Protect-a-Bed and tell me another product you would be interested in and why it would help you
This information MUST be left in ONE comment for your initial entry!
For an additional entry:
(3) Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this give-a-way. Leave me the link to that tweet in a seperate comment for your second entry.
(4) Blog about this give-a-way, link back to this post, and leave me a comment with a link to that blog post
Give-a-way will end on December 2, 2009 at 11:50pm EST. All winning comments will be verified. Winner will be picked via Random.org and have 72 hours to respond to winning email with shipping information that will be forwarded to sponser for fufillment. If initial winner does not respond in time, an alternate winner will be selected. Offer good only for the continental US.
And dear readers...MAKE SURE THAT I HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS TO CONTACT IF YOU ARE CHOSEN AS A WINNER. EITHER LEAVE IT IN YOUR POST OR MAKE SURE IT IS VISIBLE IN YOUR BLOGGER PROFILE!