Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Greening The World: Three Ways at a Time

I wanted to take a moment to let my readers know about LighterSaferGreener.com, a website devoted to spreading the word about " going green". It highlights Airwear eyeglass lenses, which are made from 100% recycled materials. There is also a contest on the site that challenges you to live a greener life.

TwitterMoms, a site I belong to, also challenged me to come up with three ways that I can make the world a greener place.

1 - I already try to use my own cloth bags when I go to the grocery store, but did you even consider using those same cloth bags when you go shopping at the mall? Just think..no more ripped handles, no more broken bags!

2 - For my birthday, my boyfriend Daryl just bought me a Multi-Use Power Pad that charges three electronic devices at a time. Not only is it convenient I found out that I am also saving electricity as well!

3- Instead of just throwing things away when you longer need them, why not FreeCycle? There is a group on Yahoo for every community where you can post unwanted items for free. Other people can then claim the item and pick it up from you. No money is ever charged and lots of items get a new life instead of going to the dump.

What are some of the ways you are living a greener life? Let me know!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.