Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's The People That You Meet While You're Walking Down The Street Looking For a Place To Eat After Seeing Tim McGraw Sing!

I won tickets from iheartradio.com to see Tim McGraw perform in the PC Richard Venue in NYC last night. I took my daughter, Sarah, who enjoys listening to country music almost as much as I do. After waiting in line for over an hour, I was a little dismayed to find myself having no place to sit as the show was apparently " standing only". I almost left because my feet hurt so much but in retrospect I am glad I did not.

Along with about 100 other people we were treated to five or six songs. They were a mixture of old and new material. He was funny as well as entertaining and I felt at times as if he was talking directly to me.

The venue itself did not impress me; no seats, no place to buy food, and no place to put your belongings down. What a nightmare it will be in the middle of a NY winter as people will be wearing heavy winter coats and boots!

As we left the venue with empty stomachs we decided to try to find somewhere to eat. After walking around for awhile we happened on the most darling restaurant. It drew us in with a showing of," Interview with a Vampire". The menu was interesting and varied. What impressed me most was the friendliness of the two wait staff. They turned a quick bit to eat into an intimate dining experience, not only for me, but for Sarah.

The name of this amazing place is Sanctuary T and it is located at 3378 West Broadway, New York, NY 10013. Visit on Tuesday when they have their movie night and tell 'em Wendy sent you!


1 comment:

Krista said...

I love Tim McGraw! I think it would be great to see him in an intimate setting -- but not sure how I feel about standing room only!