Verizon FiOS: Making Life So Much Easier!
Last summer I switched from cable to Verizon FiOS due to a really great promotion they were running. I was fed up with the poor service,frequent outages, and outdated technology from my local cable company. I figured I had nothing to lose.
For my family, there is no going back! I was recently challenged to come up with five ways that Verizon FiOS makes me life easier:
(1) I love the fact that you can access all sorts of cool widgets from the TV menu! Especially for my teenage daughter, who just can't live without Facebook. Even when she is away from home, as long as the person has Verizon FiOS, she can keep updated on all the Facebook info that she craves!
(2) The on-demand feature is a lifesaver when you hear the inevitable " I am soooo bored and there is nothing to watch despite having hundreds of channels" cry! Even better is my discovery that much of the content is FREE! A few clicks and major broadcast as well as niche channel content are available when you want it!
(3) So many of the speciality channels that come bundled with my particular package appeal to different members of my family. My daughter really loves her anime and teen programming while my husband enjoys Discovery and DIY programming. And when your child and husband are entertained, you are free to do your own thing..like write posts for your blog!
(4) I was surprised to find that Verizon actually has a channel to teach you to use your remote! This actually impressed me as so many features that come with your TV service is normally discovered through trial and error.
(5) The whole notion of losing your TV or Internet service during storms no longer applies since Verizon FiOS is not usually affected by severe weather. When I need information the most, it is there to inform me and let me get the alerts I need to ensure that my family and home remain safe.
With packages that suit any budget and the ability to upgrade and downgrade without penalties as needed for our family there is no other choice but Verizon.
You can check here to see if it is available where you live.
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Verizon FiOS blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here