Verizon FiOS: Making Life So Much Easier!
Last summer I switched from cable to Verizon FiOS due to a really great promotion they were running. I was fed up with the poor service,frequent outages, and outdated technology from my local cable company. I figured I had nothing to lose.
For my family, there is no going back! I was recently challenged to come up with five ways that Verizon FiOS makes me life easier:
(1) I love the fact that you can access all sorts of cool widgets from the TV menu! Especially for my teenage daughter, who just can't live without Facebook. Even when she is away from home, as long as the person has Verizon FiOS, she can keep updated on all the Facebook info that she craves!
(2) The on-demand feature is a lifesaver when you hear the inevitable " I am soooo bored and there is nothing to watch despite having hundreds of channels" cry! Even better is my discovery that much of the content is FREE! A few clicks and major broadcast as well as niche channel content are available when you want it!
(3) So many of the speciality channels that come bundled with my particular package appeal to different members of my family. My daughter really loves her anime and teen programming while my husband enjoys Discovery and DIY programming. And when your child and husband are entertained, you are free to do your own thing..like write posts for your blog!
(4) I was surprised to find that Verizon actually has a channel to teach you to use your remote! This actually impressed me as so many features that come with your TV service is normally discovered through trial and error.
(5) The whole notion of losing your TV or Internet service during storms no longer applies since Verizon FiOS is not usually affected by severe weather. When I need information the most, it is there to inform me and let me get the alerts I need to ensure that my family and home remain safe.
With packages that suit any budget and the ability to upgrade and downgrade without penalties as needed for our family there is no other choice but Verizon.
You can check here to see if it is available where you live.
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Verizon FiOS blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here
Wednesday, May 04, 2011
Monday, May 02, 2011
"Cepia, the brand behind the popular ZhuZhu Pets, is coming out with an awesome new toy. It’s called DaGeDar and its unlike any other toys or games on the market! From the moment a child picks up a DaGeDar ball, they will know it’s something different. Drop the ball down the track and swoosh – you are hooked. This simple game of speed and skill is innovative and addicting!"
Check it out!
I will have more info for you about this amazing new toy later this month!
Disclosure: I received no compensation for this post but may receive a product for review purposes.
Posted by wendy wallach at 9:00 AM
Sunday, May 01, 2011
Tinyprints: It's Graduation Time!
Remember your high school graduation? I do! It was 1981, I was 16 and looking forward to college. I remember my dress - it was a gauzy, strapless multi-colored ruffle number ( this was the eighties) and my mom splurged on a pair of high heeled Candies for me that matched one of the colors of the dress.
It was a scorching hot day and as in years past, the ceremony was being held on the football field with no shady areas. My last name comes at the end of the alphabet and I remember this really long line of people waiting to enter the field. We got the cue to begin our entrance and as I so proudly started to walk - BAM! The heel on my brand new Candies shoe broke! Yes, I was the one who walked barefoot on the burning hot tar of the track until we reached the coolness of the grass field.
I don't remember anything about the myriad of speeches or awards. I do remember sitting there thinking how happy I was to be leaving high school. I remember how proud my Mom and Stepfather were to see me actually graduate, especially since this was a particularly hard time in my life. And I remember the absolute joy of knowing that college was ahead of me and another step on my way to being an adult.
I think that day taught me a very valuable lesson about life - with my fancy shoe breaking and all. It taught me that every success comes with it own share of pitfalls and imperfections and that when something unexpected happens, always at the very worst time, to not let it interfere with the fact that you have succeeded.
Tinyprints understands celebrations. Tiny Prints provides stylish, modern and unique graduation stationery including graduation announcements, graduation invitations,and thank you cards for teens. When graduation season has come and gone Tiny Prints will still be here to fill all your stationery needs with their exclusive designs from the nation's top designers. You'll find summer party invitations, personalized greeting cards, thank you cards, business cards, and even custom wedding invitations. Come try the easy card personalization, powerful preview engine and top-notch customer service and paper quality for yourself! With Tiny Prints by your side commemorating every holiday and momentous occasion is a cinch!
Disclosure: I will be compensated for this post with merchandise or credit from Tinyprints, but that did not influence what I chose to write about for this post.
Posted by wendy wallach at 4:15 PM